The Bushey St James Trust is an exciting multi academy trust in Bushey, Hertfordshire made up of two academy schools, Bushey Meads Secondary School and Little Reddings Primary School. The two schools both became a Trust in February 2012 and the purpose behind the joint application was to develop links between primary and secondary phase education. The initial long-term vision of the Trust was to expand further to include other schools and also appoint an executive principal to shape the future work of the Trust. Jeremy Turner was appointed as Executive Principal of the Bushey St James Trust and Headteacher of Bushey Meads School in September 2014 as an experienced and outstanding headteacher to build on the initial vision and shape the effective structures across the Trust to create the capacity for further growth.
The philosophies that underpin the trust are those based on partnership and collaboration and the Trust board wants to ensure that all children receive the best possible education and that all staff working in the trust are well equipped to deliver this.
The Bushey St James Trust values, underpinning the work of the Trust, aim to:
- deliver educational excellence
- ensure all children exceed expectations
- prepare young people for the future
- ensure that the Trust enhances the local community
- ensure that the schools within the Trust are happy, safe and inclusive
- support families to encourage aspiration
- act with responsibility, accountability and transparency
- create a seamless educational experience
- encourage independence and creativity
- inspire, nurture and empower all staff who work within the Trust